Unicode-aware text editor; suggestions?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 22 17:30:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 01:17:55PM -0400, Sy wrote:
> I know you mean that seriously, but some part of me was quite
> horrified to read "editing simple text files in vi after a one hour
> session."

modula-3, pascal, c, c++ are all simple text files.  So is .cshrc and
.profile and such.  That was what people in a CS program needed to be
able to do to do their assignments, and besides people got ticked off
when someone started using xemacs on a shared system with 128M ram.

> Still, because cream is now on my list of stuff to check out[1], I
> will definitely have to re-visit vimtutor when I'm comfortable enough
> to be able to handle learning my own personal 1% of vi.  =)

Somehow an add on for vim or extension to vim is a frightening thought.
What could you possible add.

Hmm, having just tried cream, good grief that breaks vim too many ways
to tolerate.  I don't want my escape key to change meaning, I like modes
(auto insert is very annoying).  Even in expert mode it is still too
different from standard behaviour to be tolerated.  Well not for me no
matter how interesting those features might be.

Lennart Sorensen