Unicode-aware text editor; suggestions?

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 22 17:17:55 UTC 2005

On 4/22/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:31:44PM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
> >   I really, really hope this doesn't become an emacs vs. vi thread... I
> > don't want to use something that takes a religious convertion and weeks
> > or study to use. :p
>
> Well vim should work then.  vimtutor teaches it in a few minutes and off
> you go.  Back at university the CS club would do a vi tutorial at the
> start of each term and people were usually quite decent at editing
> simple text files in vi after a one hour session.

I know you mean that seriously, but some part of me was quite
horrified to read "editing simple text files in vi after a one hour
session."

Still, because cream is now on my list of stuff to check out[1], I
will definitely have to re-visit vimtutor when I'm comfortable enough
to be able to handle learning my own personal 1% of vi.  =)

[1] http://sysy.homeip.net/mw/index.php/Linux_software#To_try_soon...