Appeal - was: Libranet 3.0 out

Steve Brown steve-UptpDeB91zClXJ0OY9NZ9g at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 21 18:58:20 UTC 2005

> >   I was thinking something like 'Dead-boring distro one-upmanship',
> >   but I'll leave it open.
>
> It isn't boring at all. In fact, it is quite interesting and
> informative, especially since I am considering a new distro.

No one-upmanship; different needs, machines, user attitudes, etc. None of us
are exactly the same, e.g. I found Slack simple to install but I absolutely
couldn't get Mandrake to do anything more than trash my HD. Yet I know
people who succeeded with Mandrake after trying 1/2 dozen others without any
luck; two in particular wouldn't switch for the world.

I'll save my os-bashing for Microsoft products ;)