Offsite backups [Redux]

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 20 04:37:45 UTC 2005

  Thanks to everybody who participated in the thread.  I followed a
suggestion, got a 40 gig IOGear external drive and Monday evening it was
in my safety deposit box.

  I got it at Canada Computers.  I had to go to their downtown location.
The North York outlet (Newtonbrook Mall) didn't have it.  It's not so
much having to spend two TTC tokens that mildly annoyed me, but rather
the extra time coming and going.  I live in Thornhill, near Promenade
Mall.  There are two YRT buses that go from Promenade Mall right past
Newtonbrook Mall on their way to the Finch station.  Going downtowm
means going to the YRT Finch station, walking to the TTC Finch station
and then going all the way downtown via subway to College station and
then catch the streetcar westbound.  Then retrace the journey back home.

An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
and has a lower TCO, than linux.