Vic moving to Toronto?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 18 13:44:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 08:37:35PM -0400, Vic Gedris wrote:
> I'll consider Rogers as an option if I can't get good DSL service due to
> line quality, distance from CO, etc.  I'm not getting cable TV anyway,
> and from what I understand, there's a large additional cost to the
> Internet service if you don't already have cable TV.  Plus, dealing with
> Rogers' billing department and their annoying telemarketing brings back
> nightmares!

Yeah rogers does charge an extra $10/month if you don't have cable tv as
well making the total $55/month (plus the government's cut of course)
and you can't run servers (at least no according to the user agreement)

If Bell hadn't been out of slots for line cards at the CO, I would still
be on Istop at my new place.  But for now I seem to only have rogers as
a choice for any decent speed internet access.  That's life for you
sometimes.

> Yeah, of course!  The recumbent, swing bike, and the far-too-normal
> mountain bike are making the trip with me.
>
> Out of curiosity...how do you know about me and my bike(s)?  :)  Were
> you on the Hacker Bike Ride at last year's OLS?

Lennart Sorensen