postscript purgatory & the callsheet - (long and twisty with links)

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 27 23:56:27 UTC 2004

David J Patrick wrote:

> Nope ! That's "anything"2ps, ascii, html, tex (I think) other ps etc.

Argh, I hate it when there's a name clash between two very different
programs.

>>psbook -s4 filename.ps | psnup -2 | psselect -o | lp
>>(flip the paper stack and reload it)
>>psbook -s4 filename.ps | psnup -2 | psselect -e | lp
>
> Besides kicking out a blank page to start with, that was as close as
> I've been to the desired effect ! Thank you !

It might be an idea to dbug your output with gv or ghostview. Saves a
load of paper, and you might be able to snip off a page at the right time.

> Should I create 4 ps files (eg. pg1.ps, pg2.ps, pg3.ps, pg4.ps) and pipe
> them, in the correct order

PostScript doesn't concatenate well. I have a tool that'll do it, under
certain circumstances. (After all, PS is a full and complete programming
language. How many programs work properly when you join a bunch of their
source files together?)

> or is there a page break code I can embed in
> my (html) source files ?

There's a CSS directive that will do it:

or

I prefer to put sections I want to keep together in one page inside:

which most browsers will honour, within reason.

cheers,
  Stewart