/var/lib/rpm directory deleted - oops

Martin Duclos tchitow-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 21 21:39:34 UTC 2004

Hi

I was plaing with rpm and yum. Somehow the database got corrupted. I had the
great idea of moving the whole directory (/var/lib/rpm) somewhere else for
backup. I played around a bit. I was going to delete the newly created
directory because I realised I couldn't rebuild, easily if at all, the
contents of that directory. Well, I kinda deleted my original copy of the
directory by mistake. Anyhow, is there a way to recover or rebuild the
contents of that directory? I know this is highly improbable but if there is
someone that has the answer, I'm all ears!

Martin

SmartScreen Technology.
first two months FREE*.