TM Server

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 21 12:48:38 UTC 2004

Andrew Hammond wrote:
> Teddy Mills wrote:
> | I have selected no hardware or software yet.
> |
> | Below are my ideas, please read them and reply to the TLUG list or myself
> | with your
> | ideas and advice.  I thank you all, I'll be sure to be at the next
> meeting!
> | I missed the  last one just 2 days ago! Ack!
> |
> | /teddy
> |
> | PS:
> | I know O'Reilly has a book out called Managing RAID on Linux. Im getting
> | that book asap.
> |

> | *********
> | FUNCTION:
> | *********
> | To build a LINUX MYSQL4 production server to handle from 100-5000
> small(<1k)
> | database transactions daily.
>
> MySQL is an unsuitable choice for serious database work.

Hmm, why do I only ever hear pg users say this? I use both pgsql and
mysql; they both do the job. Our mileage is clearly varying.

For the level of transactions mentioned by the OP, even SQLite will be
more than adequate.

> http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html

I've never met a standard that's more observed in its breaking than
otherwise.

cheers,
  Stewart