VPN and IPtables

Sergio Salvi lists3-8OOxOvJoDXDLSf97qRSy8VAUjnlXr6A1 at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 17 02:02:56 UTC 2004

Just in case that you still don't have your VPN connection working, add the following to your /etc/sysconfig/iptables (or similar):

-A INPUT -p udp --sport 500 --dport 500 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p ipv6-crypt -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p udp --sport 10000 --dport 10000 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp --sport 1024: --dport 4005 -j ACCEPT

At least, that's what I've been told to configure to connect to my job's Cisco VPN. (And it works :)

[]s,
Sergio Salvi.