XP and Linux

The Edge of the Ice jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 10 22:47:59 UTC 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:56:52 -0400, John Wildberger
<wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I am missing something here. The original problem that suggested the use of a
> rescue disk was to re-establish my hda5 that was shifted to hda6 by having
> added a FAT32 logical partition ahead of the hda5.
> How would  knoppix know where the /etc/fstab of my corrupted system is to be
> found?

It wouldn't.  But YOU would.  So YOU go in and find your fstab, and adjust it
appropriately.  Don't forget to also adjust your bootlloader.

A rescue disk in this sense is nothing more than a failsafe way to
bootstrap your
computer such that you can fix problems with your configuration.  And
yes, a floppy
is stil an option.  It's disturbing what they still manage to fit into
Tom's rootboot:
http://www.toms.net/rb/

--
taa