Hello, been a while, dual CPU mobos

Michael Laccetti michael-1DHYbOjWH/jDO7Nk1fN4cQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 9 16:01:58 UTC 2004

P4s rely on their raw speed to keep them competitive, because of their
extremely long pipeline.  The newer versions are at least 20 stages, perhaps
even longer.  AMD, and the P3s/Pentium Ms (not Pentium 4M) have a short
pipeline.  Of course, they can't scale to be as speedy.  My Pentium M 1.7
competes quite well with my Pentium 4 2.8 in terms of compilation times, the
only thing that holds it back is the DDR 333 vs. the DDR 480 (yay
overclocking) in my workstation.  That, and the laptop HD is quite a bit
slower than the workstation.