PHP Nuke alternatives

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 29 16:36:41 UTC 2004

Matthew Godycki wrote:

>I've been thinking of finally getting around to using
>some sort of an open source portal for my web needs.
>I'd been working on my own PHP frameworks for quite
>some time now, but I find that I'm no longer really
>willing to keep re-inventing the wheel and build user,
>article, security, gallery, news, etc components for
>my site.
>
>I'd been eyeing PHP Nuke (www.phpnuke.org) for a
>number of months as an alternative that I could use,
>and then customize to fit my needs.  Unfortunately, it
>now looks like in the spirit of open source (insert
>sarcasm here) you need to pay for the latest version
>of PHP Nuke.
>
>Whatever other portal system I would use would need to
>address the following:
>- user and security
>- articles and news
>- galleries
>- forums
>- easy customization (addition of custom components,
>etc)
>
>Coding has never been a problem for me, I'm pretty
>well versed in that, that's not the issue here.  I'd
>simply rather focus (with what limited time I have) on
>content and more interesting custom code.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>-Matt
>--
>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

Mambo works great

http://mamboserver.com

and a quote from their site
"Mambo has won the LinuxUser & Developer Award 2004 for'Best Linux or
Open Source Software'. Mambo competed against open source luminaries
such as KDE, Firebird SQL, and eGroupware."

--
" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
       And decide to replace them with something stronger"
		 jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org