linuxcaffe; distros and desktops

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 28 14:24:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:27:09 -0400, David J Patrick
<davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> It could be if you've never seen linux and you chose "Windows user" on
> first log-in. I'd be more inclined to go the XPDE route, over Win95
> look, for psychological reasons. For the same reasons, if a user logs on
> choosing "Mac user", I'd throw aqua and brushed metal at 'em, OSXy.

KDE has a nice OSX-style theme called Baghira:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=8692

> don't forget that animated dock, now.

I've heard reports of people who have that working...but it would take a
bit of tweaking, and I would NOT expect it to have anything near
acceptable performance on a thin client (not until the X servers and window
managers support TRUE transparency, composited on the client).

--
taa
/*eof*/