linuxcaffe; distros and desktops

Adam Raymond StreetSmart2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 28 15:16:05 UTC 2004

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:27:09 -0400, David J Patrick
> <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > It could be if you've never seen linux and you chose "Windows user" on
> > first log-in. I'd be more inclined to go the XPDE route, over Win95
> > look, for psychological reasons. For the same reasons, if a user logs on
> > choosing "Mac user", I'd throw aqua and brushed metal at 'em, OSXy.

Why don't you set it up as some kind of leveling system. Start with a
distro that is closest to windows. Make the users try that out, when
they are confident enough, get them to move on to a more "linux type"
distro. If some users have already tried that distro, but would like
to try another one, then you have it all set up, and they can free
ride over to level 2. etc..

-AdamR