Caffe Bickford is now linuxcaffe, and you're invited !

Bill Mudry billmudry-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 28 10:48:16 UTC 2004

At 06:40 PM 10/26/04 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 16:27, William Park wrote:
> >
> > Will you be installing computer stations much like "Internet Cafe"
> > types?  Thin-client is the canonical solution for this, and I can give a
> > hand with that, if you like.
>
>Did I not mention internet caffe ? Silly me !
>I have debated thin client at length, but worry about performance.
>Rather than the typical rows of terminals, I plan to aquire a motly
>assortment of elderly thinkpad laptops (233mhz+) spray painted by local
>artists. These I plan to load with a common base, (debian ?) a lighter

With enough hardware and larger drives, could you consider offering bootups
in a few different distros. How convenient that would be to be able to look at
the similarities and differences of different distros all from one place.
That sure
would beat having to install different ones on a set of one's own computers.
I might also allow different patrons to pick and use the distro they
already use
the most.

Bill Mudry