teac fc-1 scsi floppy on linux ?

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 21:53:35 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I was given a fc-1 and I'm trying to see if it works under linux (2.4
series kernels, aha2940uw scsi card, internal bus, automatic termination).

It is detected correcty as removable disk scsi but read and write leads to
errors. write causes 03/31/00 (during format with the aha bios utility),
and read yields 0E/14/00 (syslog dusing read attempt with dd). The error
codes above are given as sense key/code/qualifier .

Does anyone run such a drive under linux or *bsd, and if so, with what
adapter and adapter settings. Also were there problems setting it up. This
drive is suspect of being faulty.

Peter