LILO for Debian

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 04:05:14 UTC 2004

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 05:51:43AM -0400, John Wildberger wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest what parameters are required in  the lilo.conf file to
> > recognize a debian installation. What should I write  into 'initrd= ???' and
> > into 'append= ??'. With all the variations I tried so far, I cannot get my MS
> > PS/2 Wheelmouse to work.

Also, if you're using XFree, check your /etc/X11/XF86Config file.

In the "InputDevice" section, check if ZAxisMaping is set.

Here's what that section in mine looks like....

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
EndSection

The line you want to add in (if not already in there) is the ZAxisMapping.

-Jing