missing disk change notification in 2.4 kernels ?

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 23 11:26:22 UTC 2004

Hi all,

in 2.2 and earlier kernels, insertion of media into a drive would send a
notification event to syslog. This does not happen anymore with 2.4
kernels ? What is the equivalent option ? E.g. how do I cause media
insertion to cause a hotplug or equivalent event in a 2.4 series kernel
(preferrably without recompiling the kernel) ? I have looked into kernel
documentation but no clues so far. I did not look at the source yet.

thanks,

Peter