WPC11 v4

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 21 02:11:22 UTC 2004

Fraser Campbell <fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a friend with a Linksys WPC11 v4 card.  He's trying to get it running
> with Redhat9.  Is this a futile effort or does anyone know how well it works?

It's not a Prism card (like the WPC11 v1 through v3).  IIRC, it's based on an
unsupported Broadcomm chipset.  He might be able to use the ndiswrapper stuff
to run the Windows driver but I'd recommend he replace it with a well
supported card.  If he wants B, I recommend the SMC Elite Connect (SMC
2532W-B).  Alternatively, Netgear makes a nice nice G card which is well
supported by the madwifi drivers (Netgear WG511T).

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
905.771.0017 ext. 225                           thornhill, ontario, canada