Call to arms! A new GUI for Linux

Byron L. Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 19 22:03:43 UTC 2004

> Many people have talked about the next generation of graphical user
> interfaces. Mac OS X was supposed to represent a radical departure
> from the desktop metaphor; instead, the underlying technology became
> its distinguishing feature. Microsoft's Longhorn is supposed to be
> "next generation" -- instead, it's looking like 'more of the same.'

I think, perhaps, that you should investigate putting your effort into
something more useful. The world has enough GUIs and probably doesn't
need anymore; the reason change isn't there as you see it is that things
work quite well as they are. Perhaps dovetail yourself into KDE so that
you can offer additonal functionality without needing to reinvent the wheel.