spam deluge: who uses what ?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 18 19:11:18 UTC 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:47:43 -0400 (EDT)
Peter L. Peres disseminated the following:

> The time has come to raise my walls against spam again. I am considering
> bogofilter. I have looked at other options, and this looks good for my
> setup. What do others use (spam filter on home server/home workstation
> under linux).

I go for a multilayered defense:

http://mailfilter.sourceforge.net/

then:

http://www.xisp.net/notespam/

as well as:

http://agriroot.aua.gr/~nikant/nkvir/

(both notespam and nkvir are used in conjunction with Procmail).

Out of the hundreds of spam I'm sent every day, maybe 2 or 3 get through.

--
JoeHill RLU / #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
15:04:25 up 75 days, 14:53, 6 users, load average: 0.29, 0.32, 0.57