help with a sandboxed apache

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 14 15:43:20 UTC 2004

Hello All,

On my machine, I have an Apache server running on the standard port 80,
which I use actively.

However, I'd like to run another sandboxed Apache, for some experimental
work.  I would like to run it on another port, separate from the actively
used one.  I'm launching the second apache server by using:
apache2ctl -f /home/foo/alternateapache.conf

Inside the alternateapache.conf file, I have the Listen directive set to a
different port.

Here's my problem:  The second server starts up and serves static pages,
but the CGI handler is dying.  It's trying to bind to a socket file that's
already in use by the primary apache server.  Here's the error message I
get:
[Thu Oct 14 10:58:19 2004] [error] (13)Permission denied: Couldn't unlink
unix domain socket /var/run/cgisock
[Thu Oct 14 10:58:19 2004] [error] (98)Address already in use: Couldn't
bind unix domain socket /var/run/cgisock

Is there a way I can get the second apache server to try a different
location for its CGI socket file?

Thanks,
-Jing