Accessing a WEP-secured wireless network

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 14 12:12:37 UTC 2004

I have been scouring the net unsuccessfully for a tutorial on accessing
a WEP-secured wireless network.  I have seen a bunch of utilities for
cracking them, but I am a legitimate user, and as such I have the essid
and the key.  I just don't know how to connect.  I hate having to boot
into Windoze for its networking abilities -- it's just wrong!

Under Windoze I have configured a profile for the network, and once the
wireless card has established a handshake I have to go to a web page
(I'm automatically redirected) where I enter a personal password.  This
is bound to be familiar to someone - can I get a pointer or two?
Thanks.
--

yours,

William