tomorrows talk

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 11 15:19:31 UTC 2004

Hi all,

   I am indeed presenting tomorrow and I would like to revise somewhat
what will be covered. First though, I will need an overhead projector to
connect to my laptop. Would anyone be able to bring one tomorrow? It
will make the presentation far more interesting if I can show the
program in use.

   Originally I had planned the talk to be more technical (and it still
will be) however I want to place more of an emphisis on what it is and
how it works. I have covered it before so I will briefly describe it
now. It is an open-source web-based backup program that uses primarily
USB2/Firewire external hard drives to store backed-up data. It can
simulatenously span multiple source and destination drives itelligently.

   Perhaps most importantly, it has been designed to be easy to use.
With so many non-techies switching to Linux there was a need for a
simple program that would let average people grab an inexpensive
external drive and be able to backup their important data easily.
TLE-BU, the open-source backup program I will be presenting, fits this
role.

   Underneath it's easy to use exterior is a program that can scale up
to complex servers using many, many drives and large data sets while
still being just as easy to use. It has an archival component witha
built-in search engine that makes finding and recovering data from a
drive in a large store of other drives quick and easy.

look forward to seeing you all out tomorrow!

Madison

--
Madison Kelly

TLE-BU; GPL Linux Backup Software