printing to my windows machine

Brad Fonseca linuxbrad-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 11 20:28:41 UTC 2004

Hello,

This is a newbie question.  I have a windows XP desktop with a DeskJet 932C
printer attached to it.  I also have a laptop running Mandrake 9.2.  Both
computers are attached to a Linksys router.  I want to print from
applications on my laptop to the printer on this network.  I know I'm
supposed to use Samba somehow.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to configure
it.  Where do I find the 'SMB server host'?

I'm very confused.  I'm not sure what questions I should be asking.  Please
help!

Regards,

Brad Fonseca