Penguin Days Toronto

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 11 12:12:53 UTC 2004

The driving force behind Penguin Days are the non-profits. Furthermore,
the format of the event has been designed so as to facilitate high level
dialog between technologists and non-profits. This will be the first PD
in Canada, but the events have been successful down south.

The strength of the event is that it facilitates a shared discussion
allowing technologists and non-profits to communicate at a deeper level.

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 07:37 -0400, phil wrote:
<snip>
> This looks like a wonderful idea.  In my (informal) experience it's
> very easy to find "geeks" who are interested in non-profits, while
> close to impossible to find people within non-profits who are willing
> to consider technology in any way beyond the superficial (e.g. How to
> get the best MS discounts).
>
> I will be extremely interested in seeing how you break through that
> barrier.

<snip>