Very basic request

Patrick Allen pallen3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 7 20:45:38 UTC 2004

Patrick wrote:
> If anybody has a moment I would appreciate an answer to a very, very basic
> question. I have downloaded and saved a file called "thunderbird
> 0.8-j686-linux-gtik2+xft.tar.gz".

I'm not familiar with Suse and it's YAST update manager.  But I have
heard many good things about it.

If you're installing Thunderbird, (Which rocks btw) you might want to
see if Suse's repositories have it packaged for you already.

I use Synaptic when upgrading T-Bird and Firefox and it's always worked
very well for me.

Good luck.

PA