Very basic request

Matt Cahill m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 7 19:09:06 UTC 2004

P> If anybody has a moment I would appreciate an answer to a very, very basic
P> question. I have downloaded and saved a file called "thunderbird
P> 0.8-j686-linux-gtik2+xft.tar.gz". How should I phrase the command to unzip
P> it? Alternatively, I am using SuSe 9.1 personal. Is there a program to do the
P> unzipping? I have not been able to find one.

 Patrick,

  In terms of GUI-equipped apps, you can also try Ark (KDE) or Fileroller
  (Gnome).  The layout is similar to Win apps like WinZip.

Matt Cahill
                      m dash cahill at rogers dot com

"It is important to have this idea in one's mind, because otherwise
 one fails to grasp the whole spirit of modern Science-Philosophy.
 It does not aim at Truth; [...] it aims at maximum convenience."
 - A. Crowley