WYSIWYG Editor

Hoshil N. Desai hoshildesai-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 3 14:25:06 UTC 2004

Hi Everyone,

We are developing a Web Based Content Management Solution for our internal
staff use.  This tool is not going to be commercially sold or distributed
with any of our other products.

We have developed a WYSIWYG editor using Java and IFRAMES, only to discover
(towards the end of the development cycle) that the editor does not work
under Netscape, Mozilla and most importantly Safari Browser (Mac - Most of
our content developers work with them).

Does anyone know why IFRAMES are not supported in the above named browsers,
one reason I can think of is security, does any one of a way around them?

If anyone knows of a WYSIWYG editor that works under the above named
browsers, please let me know the trick they use to make it work.

Thank you,

Hoshil