Live CD for iBook

Matt Cahill m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 26 22:04:57 UTC 2004

PQ> Which o/s does your iBook run? I know OS X 10.x is  *nix/*bsd
PQ> operating system. If that's the case, I don't any reason you
PQ> couldn't continue using OS X.

 Phillip,

  Well, it currently has an early version of OSX, but it originally
  had OS9 on it (and I suspect the CD only supplies OS9).  The reason
  I'm looking for a good 'nix Live CD is because I'm sure the iBook
  needs a good cleaning (as in, formatting) and I don't have a copy of
  OSX on hand.

  I'm not sold on loading Linux on it, and this is why I thought about
  trying a Live CD.

  (guess I should have explained this in the parent post)

  Thanks,

  Matt

--

Matt Cahill
                      m dash cahill at rogers dot com

"It is important to have this idea in one's mind, because otherwise
 one fails to grasp the whole spirit of modern Science-Philosophy.
 It does not aim at Truth; [...] it aims at maximum convenience."
 - A. Crowley