Trouble installing pgAdmin3 on Mandrake 10.1

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 24 04:27:01 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 10:54, Devin Whalen wrote:
> Does anyone here use pgAdmin3?

Hi,

I installed it before but never found any use for it. psql does whatever I
need to do just fine. PgAdmin just got in the way. Anyway, on MDK 10.1, I
did:

wget
ftp://ftp4.ca.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/pgadmin3/release/mandrake91/pgadmin3-1.0.2-1.i586.rpm
urpmi pgadmin3-1.0.2-1.i586.rpm

It installed fine even though it is a 9.1 rpm. When I launched it, I saw the
language selection dialog and clicked on OK. It bailed immediately with the
following error:

pgadmin3: symbol lookup error: pgadmin3: undefined symbol:
_gtk_accel_group_attach

Much has changed since MDK 9.1 so that might be a problem but the rpm should
never have installed if all dependencies had not been met. I also noticed the
button sizes were too small so I could not see all of the text on the
buttons.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay