"Linux" motherboard

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 21 22:49:26 UTC 2004

I've been trying to research Linux compatibility with respect to parts
for a new machine I want to buy.  I discovered the following story from
the past July about Asus wanting nothing to do with open source systems
<http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/Asus_Sucks_Story-01.html> even
though *most* of their features do work on Linux...and the ones with
problems can be worked around fairly cheaply.

Since it would be nice to support those who respect the community, does
anyone know if any of the motherboard manufacturers *do* support Linux
explicitly?

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714