Konrad Zuse

Matt Cahill m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 19 02:28:15 UTC 2004

On November 18, 2004 09:19 pm, Colin McGregor wrote:
> Positive ends?!?!? What positive ends? Making the trains run on time?
> Sorry, but even in it's most benign form namely Spanish Fascism was an evil
> nasty brutal system that deserved to be destroyed.
>
> Colin McGregor

Well, except for Ayn Rand and Heinlein, we've got pretty much everything
covered here for a dead thread :)

by level-headed people for the benefit of the greater whole can ultimately be
beneficial and widely respected, regardless of it's name.  Unfortunately,
there is no historical precendent as it pertains to nazism.  I respect the
fact that you're speaking theoretically.

The same rounding-up of intellectuals happens at the outbreak of any
totalianist state:  the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, for example.  It's a
frightening symptom, and one I see vaguely echoed in the actions of certain
well-known political leaders today.

Matt Cahill
            m dash cahill at rogers dot com