cheap motherboard w/ integrated everything

Oliver Meyn lists-tZhE6lH4Esk+k03BA+Hq9g at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 15 20:23:08 UTC 2004

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>>ASUS A7V400-MX
>>$59.85  CAD , found good information about Linux
>>
>>Anyone able to scare me off these boards ?  -- and I know that I get
>>what I pay for when it comes to integrated video .  Better yet would
>>be success stories with any of the boards . ?
>

> I wonder if the nforce boards with integrated video are still around.
> That was probably among the best onboard video you could get.

> The A7V series has generally been very good.  I don't know which video
> it uses.

The one remaining nforce based builtin you're thinking of is the
A7N8X-VM400, which has a geforce 4 MX builtin.  I think you can
configure how much ram the video takes from system ram.  I've sold
several of the a7n with video boards and they've been pretty solid -
flakier than non-integrated, but reasonably solid.  Of course, you're
getting what you pay for in this arena as in most others hardware related...

Cheers,
Oliver