cheap motherboard w/ integrated everything

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 14 00:32:39 UTC 2004

I don't have any specific knowledge of any of the motherboards you note, but
I have normally had very good experiences with ASUS brand boards. That noted
my first impulse would be to run not walk away from any motherboard with
integrated video having run into a nasty little nightmare in the past with
integrated video (which in the end had me disable the motherboard based
video and install a PCI based video card (the motherboard had not bothered
with a AGP card slot...)). If you do go for an integrated everything
motherboard (unwise in my books, but hey it's your money) do make sure that
you can disable the on-board video and do see if there is an AGP slot...