cheap motherboard w/ integrated everything

Francois Ouellette fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 14 00:40:05 UTC 2004

I tend to agree with this statement, however many ASUS "value" boards come
with decent on-board AGP video and sound chips (such as the VIA chipset
and associated video chip). But without a AGP slot these are somehow
limited even when you don't need fast, gaming-style video features.

Also, remember that Intel CPU's are more expensive than AMD and you
usually get a lot more power for less $$$ with an Athlon or Sempron.
The Athlon 64 is about the same price as a 32-bit P4 of equivalent  clock
speed!

 François Ouellette
<fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>