Your choice of Restaurants in Mississauga

Bill Mudry billmudry-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 13 08:16:52 UTC 2004

I've finally got around to looking into a few candidate restaurants for those
of us in the West end where we could meet. Some places had to be
eliminated such as .....

         - Smitthy's Family Restaurants has good food and reasonable prices
           but they close in evenings too early.

         - Mandarin has excellent food and nice side rooms but they have
           only one price and one item --- their buffet and it is a bit pricey
           especially for students and others between contracts and jobs.

There are a few others I looked at that I can hold in reserve if we need
them. I have
two places in mind that have good variety and pricing with food, good hours so
I thought it would be a good idea to give all of you a chance to voice
which one
sounds best:

         - Swiss Chalet - A well known chain. Good food and pricing, lots
of room,
           open late enough. The Erin Mills location serves alcohol. It is
just off
           the QEW. They can set an area off for us. Plenty of room to expand.
           Easy to get to.

         - Mulligan's Pub & Grill - On the Woodchester Mall grounds right off
           Dundas (between Erin Mills and Winston Churchill. Good food,
well known
           pub. Tuesdays there are no bands, only weekends and it is
"wings" night
           ($.65 ea.). Alcohol is served, of course and they can set aside
an area for
           us. During warm weather, they have an outside patio area.

So, lets start a thread. Write in with your preferences. I will be
monitoring them all
and make a final announcement from the one that gets the most approval from you
all early next week once the thread has run its course.

I will provide more information on their location, maps, etc. when I know
which one
we will go to.

Cordially,

Bill Mudry