guru days

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 10 04:38:54 UTC 2004

David J Patrick wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 23:55, Joseph Kubik wrote:
>
>>So, Does or Does Not the TLUG hold install-fests?
>>     http://lug.ncsu.edu/installfests.php
>>-Joseph-
Install fests are a good idea.

> I don't know, but here's a thought;
> "guru days" at linuxcaffe where we bring experts, on a regular basis, to
> meet with the muddled masses. Maybe an install session one day, and
> another time, the guru can bring up peoples home systems, via VPN, and
> answer questions/ fix things, while others watch it on the projector.
> These sessions could be filmed with multi webcams and archived for
> reference.

I like this idea. We could have an install/fixfest, and while the
install in happening, answer questions. It would be a good supplement
(or sometime even alternative) to big lecture-type meetings. Perhaps
newTLUG would be more interested in these? Do they already have
something like this? I really like the idea of getting to know others
better, which is hard to do at regular meetings :(

[ p.s. perhaps someone can forward this to newTLUG (I am not
subscribed); they would probably be more interested in the idea]

> guru days, brought to you by linuxcaffe !

Although LinuxCaffe may be a little small for regular meetings, it would
be the perfect place for Guru Days, because the attendance would
probably be limited anyways (by # of experts present and interest). It
would offer a better atmosphere and better accommodations (tables,
drinks) than a university lecture room. It suits the cozy atmosphere
that these sessions are aiming for.

Can't wait to see LinuxCaffe open for business :)

--
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

*** LINUX - MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU! ***