Thinkfree Office on Linux

Lloyd D Budd foolswisdom-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 8 00:21:40 UTC 2004

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 17:49:58 -0500, Paul King <pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > site says :CD runs on Mac OS X, Mac Classic, and Windows operating
> > systems.
>
> Box says: Runs on Win, MAc, and Linux. Also, kind of hard to deny that it can't
> run on Linux if it has RPM packages on the CD :-)
>

> > One question: tried openoffice.org ?
>
> I have 2 cds of it, and in addition I have StarOffice. TFO was half the price
> of
> StarOffice, and I thought I would give it a try. It seems to work fine on
> Windows, and is less Java-dependent, so that it runs faster than StarOffice.
> And
> like SO, a big selling point is said to be its compatability with MS Office
> docs.

Are there any open source word processors that cannot output (as
compatible) MS Office Docs ?  Save as RTF is prolly the best option
anyway .

I have found Abiword to be fast .  Possibly also check out
<http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/Projects/Office_Applications/Word_Processors/>

--
Peace be in you ,
Lloyd D Budd