Thinkfree Office on Linux

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 7 22:49:58 UTC 2004

> site says :CD runs on Mac OS X, Mac Classic, and Windows operating
> systems.

Box says: Runs on Win, MAc, and Linux. Also, kind of hard to deny that it can't
run on Linux if it has RPM packages on the CD :-)

> One question: tried openoffice.org ?

I have 2 cds of it, and in addition I have StarOffice. TFO was half the price
of
StarOffice, and I thought I would give it a try. It seems to work fine on
Windows, and is less Java-dependent, so that it runs faster than StarOffice.
And
like SO, a big selling point is said to be its compatability with MS Office
docs.

Paul King