lunuxcaffe; logo contest !

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 3 20:15:26 UTC 2004

Sample linuxcaffe logos have been put up at linuxcaffe.ca (Image
Galleries > logo) and I'd like to open up the process to the graphically
inclined public !

The logo will be used on the web, in print and on the sign out front.

"linuxcaffe" is all one word, lower case, and (suggested) italicized.
"Bickford" is on the logo, as linuxcaffes first location. In your
submission, is should be easy to change (layers)

The rules are simple; entries must be

- scalable - SVG preferred, flash considered.
- layered - elements (text, foreground, background) separated into
layers. (hint: use Inkscape)
- iconic - that is to say, when made real small, is still recognizable.
- legally unencumbered - no copyright entangled elements/ fonts/ source
images. Winning image rights to be signed over to linuxcaffe.
- email them to me, with contact info, and I will upload them to
linuxcaffe.ca Image Gallery > logo.

Contest closes Nov 1st and the winner(s) will be chosen by the
executive-in-charge-of-making-things-happen; me. All decisions are
final, unless I change my mind !

Prizes ?
- Lifetime membership at linuxcaffe, including logon ID, /home/
directory space and yourname at linuxcaffe email address.
- An unspecified amount of steamy coffee goodness.
- A selection of available swag.
- Bragging rights.

So warm up your graphics workstation and send in your genius!
djp