New to C programming...

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 3 15:47:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 10:31:43AM -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:
>William O'Higgins wrote:
>
>>I am doing my first hacking on a C program, and I could use some
>>resources.  Specifically, I am looking for how to use g_print and the
>>g_date functions, but in general I could use a book or ebook or website
>>where I can look things up as I go.
>>

>The program you are working on is using the glib library. Chances are it
>may also use features from the gtk+ libraries if it has a GUI component.
>The main web site for information about these libraries is the main gtk
>web site at http://www.gtk.org/. Add api/ to the end of that URL to go
>directly to the information about the API. The API information at that
>site is much better than it was in the early days but it still could
>stand some improvement.

This is where I found some of my information, so thanks to all who
suggested it.  The program I was using does not use GTK+, just glib, but
at least I had a place to start.  After reading up on printf() I found
what I needed to make the requisite hacks.  Thanks again for the
suggestions.
--

yours,

William