Fouled-up smtp...

Marcus Brubaker marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun May 30 03:31:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 23:01, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I started with sendmail, and I hope to never use it again.  I also used
> zmailer for a while, which was simpler to configure, and way faster, but
> eventually dropped it due to too many security holes and went back to
> sendmail hell for a bit.  Then I encountered exim, and loved it.  Hate
> the docs (or lack there of) in exim3, but 4 seems better documented at
> least.  Postfix looks nice, but I haven't had a reason to give up on
> exim yet.

I looked at sendmail about 5 years ago for a while but after that didn't
have a need to work with mailers.  Then with a recent project I
(somewhat arbitrarily) chose Postfix and have been really quite happy
with it.  The configuration is intuitive and comprehensible and I enjoy
the power of the modularity.  Haven't really looked at exim at all,
though, as you put it, I haven't had a reason to give up Postfix yet.

Regards,
--
Marcus Brubaker <marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>