Officially OT -> Re:My fiscal responcibility...

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun May 23 11:57:11 UTC 2004

Lloyd Budd wrote:

> On 22-May-04, at 22:55, James Knott wrote:

>> Well, science is generally demonstratable and provable.  Faith is
>> simply what some people believe, with little or no basis in reality.
>>
>> If I make a claim in science, I have to provide a complete description
>> of the process taken to arrive at a conclusion and it must be
>> repeatable.  With faith, there is little to substantiate the claims.
>

> You say God it is just fiction .  Prove it ;-)
>
> I think it is a powerful statement that many of the "top scientists"
> today , and historically , not to mention Linux Luminaries ;-) , believe
> in God .

You may have heard of someone named Albert Einstein.  He found his
religious beliefs contradicted the results of his work and for the
longest time, refused to accecpt quantum physics.  He finally came to
the realization that he was right and his beliefs wrong.

>> There's a couple of books worth reading on this area.  They are Carl
>> Sagan's "A Demon Haunted World" and "Voodoo Science" by Robert Park.
>
> If I were to read just one ?

Take your pick.  Both are excellent books, covering a range of topics.