Email Problem

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 21 15:16:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 07:57:20PM +0800, Jerome Macaranas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	We are just a subsidiary and our mail are relayed from the mother company to
> our LAN Mail server.. just recently they implemented a spam filtering
> technique.. now some mails from legal senders are bouncing off... with this
> error..
> ====
> 	The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
>
>       users-jMbK1v/RW1uaMJb+Lgu22Q at public.gmane.org on 5/21/2004 9:25 AM
> assistance, contact your system administrator.
>             <smtp-of-legal-user.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Fix reverse
> DNS for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,or use your ISP server
>
> ====
> 	Can someone explain to me this error..

It's doing reverse DNS check to see if MAIL FROM is the same as IP.
This kind of check is not recommended, because there are many legitimate
reason for having envelope sender address different from where you send
it.  Eg. you'll never receive email response from <sendmail.org> or me.
:-)

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>
Linux solution/training/migration, Thin-client