Horde - Imp

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 20 20:11:04 UTC 2004

I would be happy to stay with Squirrelmail except that I don't understand
its internationalization model. To read messages in Japanese I need to
change the entire interface into Japanese. I have done a lot of searching
but it seems that this is the way the developers set up
internationalization. Personally, I don't get it. So, I am in the market
for a new webmail system.

On a related note, I think that internationalization settings are a
tremendous weakness for Linux. The various input methods pale in
comparison to the offering from Redmond, overall integration is terrible,
and the documentation is sparse and vague. I have been trying to get my
installed Japanese fonts working with Java and it is a complete nightmare.
Running java applets is presently my main reason for using Windows. Sorry
for the rant, but the state of affairs drives me crazy.