Anyone play with rsync much?

Charly Baker cmb-h7HJ8Pof2EbbR28j2ZUwYgC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org
Tue May 18 17:12:37 UTC 2004

The rsync include-from and exclude-from are arcane and buggy.  Better to get
the newer versions that have a sane files-from parameter.  You should be
using the newer versions anyway as they have security fixes.  I have not yet
used the new parameter, but I have fought with the old ones extensively and
don't recommend it.  If you do use the older setup, put all of the stuff in
one file (you don't need separate files for the include and exclude
specifications) and you may have some hope of making sense of it.

Charly Baker