First Issue with Fedora CORE 2 - Windows Partition

Mel Seder melseder-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 18 22:44:27 UTC 2004

I get the following error when I mount /mnt/data/

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda5,
       or too many mounted file systems

In /etc/fstab I have the following line that always used in prior versions of
RedHat & Fedora CORE 1

/dev/hda5  /mnt/data   vfat auto,user,rw,gid=vfatusers,umask=002 0 0

My user mount tool shows "/dev/hda5 vfat" but I don't know if that comes from
my entry in /etc/fstab or from the hardware.

Maybe CORE 2 does things differently?  Any ideas as to what the problem might
be?

=====
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)