cutting, pasting, & merging pdf files in linux?

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun May 16 17:45:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:36:22 -0400
"Stewart C. Russell" <scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> If you're using TeX, you could created PostScript files using dvips,
> then use Angus Duggan's pstools to hack the files about. Once you've got
> PS you like, you can create PDF using ps2pdf. But that might break your
> workflow if you're using dvipdfm graphics specials.

Stewart,

   I strongly recommend pdflatex for converting LaTeX to PDF.

   The last time I tried ps2pdf on a LaTeX generated PostScript file, the fonts were just awful.  When I read through the LaTeX documentation on how to select PostScript fonts, I discovered pdflatex.

   Pdflatex get the fonts right.  Also, it recognizes your sections, and uses them to create a navigation structure within the PDF file.  If you are determined to use GNU/Linux to create PDF files, LaTeX and pdflatex probably are the best tools for the job.

   Of course, this does not answer Alex Maynard's original question about how to copy and paste PDF files.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howard-42qnO8ePF9cV+D8aMU/kSg at public.gmane.org