unresolved symbols

Jeremy Wakeman cael-JTkAzvGkdyMrpQx6IzTi3laTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Sun May 16 23:49:43 UTC 2004

Ahh!!

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but the kernel I just compiled
(it's a 2.4.22 with openmosix patch applied) has problems with modules.
When I run:

make dep clean bzImage modules modules_install
cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-openmosix-3

everything compiles and installs.  However, depmod reports unresolved
symbols for (AFAICS) *all* modules.  I have tried mrproper and
recompile, but I'm stuck.  I've never had this happen for all modules,
and google didn't give me many leads to run down (none helped).

What am I missing?  Am I going to have a problem with module-init-tools
(module handling for 2.6 kernels)?  Docs say it should "silently" use
old tools when it finds an older kernel . . . perhaps it doesn't?

os: debian sarge
kernel: 2.4.22 with openmosix patch # 3
gcc: 3.3.3
depmod: module-init-tools 3.0-pre10